Head on over to the fabulous Jenniely.com for my spotlight today. Be sure to check out her page and discover other littlies like myself too 😊
Why I’m heavy handed with my social media settings…
Social media is a tricksy beast. It can be a wonderful source of comfort, companionship and support, or it can drag you down into a black hole of negativity. I firmly believe there’s a knack to using the tools at our disposal. Today I’m sharing my methods… Continue reading “Unfollow, Mute or Block?”
The wonderful Mani tagged me from the book corner over here be sure to pop over and show some love! Thank you Mani ❤
If you’re nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 7 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 7 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Facts About Roxanne Michelle:
- I love horror movies. I prefer modern ones because I like them to be as realistic as possible so I can really lose myself and be frightened. Black & white movies, corn syrup blood or UFO lights on string don’t cut it.
- I hate Jane Austen. I tried, I really tried but it just isn’t for me- unless I’m trying to get to sleep!
- I started writing a book after my partner and I got lost in the woods for most of the day on a summer trip in 2017. I didn’t get very far before it went on the hypothetical shelf, sometimes I can feel it judging me.
- I always thought I was a cat person, until the day I got a dog. Watson the cocker spaniel has transformed me!
- Global warming deniers really frustrate me, I can’t even entertain debates on the subject.
- I have terribly weak will power! I develop addictions quite easily. I’m getting pretty good at recognising and breaking them though. I’ve been 7 months free of my daily energy drink and I haven’t touched eBay since I was 19- those were my worst ones.
- My favourite place in the world is Amsterdam. The entire atmosphere is so friendly, there’s loads to see and do, it’s easy to navigate and there are enough green spots to let me forget the claustrophobia I feel in many other cities.
It’s been a long time since Mani tagged me in this last year, so apologies if I nominate anyone who already received The Versatile Blogger Award.
A hilarious tale about the dangers of reading.
Nobody ever talks about the perils of being a bookworm. Well today I’m gonna share a little story with you. A story of a woman and her book on their commute.
In my previous job I was sent away to our head office in Reading for management training courses every few years. I always dreaded going, as much as I love sitting quietly and losing myself in a book on a long train journey, I hate trying to navigate cities during rush hour. I always worry my ticket will get stuck in the barrier or I’ll trip over someones suitcase, maybe get a shoelace stuck in the escalators. Every eventuality runs through my mind.. well, not every eventuality as it turns out! Continue reading “One Book, Two Trains & An Awkward Misunderstanding!”
Get creative. Smash that writer’s block. Share with the community. HAVE FUN!
Once upon a time in Urban Outfitters I discovered something I actually liked! I’d been dragged in against my will and in return the friend responsible had no choice but to let me peruse their meagre book offerings.
I ummed and I ahhhed at a book I really didn’t need for so long that the friend began toe-tapping and I left Urban Outfitters without it.
For ages I kicked myself for not buying that book. The title left my mind the very moment I left the shop and our nearest UO is a 60 min drive away so that- I thought- was that.
A year or so later I was wandering through a bookstore in Dorchester and there it was, waving to me from a shelf in the non-fiction section of Waterstones! I never look at non-fiction but the very same friend had dragged me upstairs, looking for an origami book.
I had to buy it this time.
“642 Tiny Things To Write About presents oodles of delightful and thought-provoking writing prompts, packaged in an uber-cute, irresistible and tiny new format. From writing a life story in five sentences, to elaborating on a tiny detail, this book will inspire writers to push the limits of their imaginations. 642 Tiny Things to Write About makes a perfect gift for the active author, stumped writer, journaler, or any creative type in need of a spark of inspiration, however tiny.”
Alas, I am terrible at stopping and starting projects, and so the book sat on my desk doing nothing but looking pretty.
Long long after, I recalled a plan I had to save £1 every time I finished reading a book.
I’d seen Aoife at Pretty Purple Polka dots tweet this idea early last year and had planned to join in but despite the very best of intentions.. I didn’t!
At most I predicted I could have made £60ish following that one rule.
What if I paid £1 into a jar each time I completed a writing task in that fun little mood booster I bought?
I could save money, have fun, awaken my imagination AND boost my writing motivation all at once.
What a plan.
Should I share this?
Maybe other people will want to do it too!
What would I do with £642?
What would YOU do with £642?
Why not buy this book and join me for #642Writes?
You can find Po Bronson’s creation at the unaffiliated links below, among many others..
! Compare your answers, ideas, stories or descriptions with others.
! Share your own writing talent with the community.
! Find inspiration and motivation for writing projects new and abandoned.
There’s no schedule, no deadline. Post what you like, when you like, IF you like, WHEREVER you like.
This is a fits-all challenge, whether you prefer to post an image on instagram, compose a tweet, write a blog post or read your creations to us on Youtube- #642Writes has an angle for everyone with hundreds of content opportunities.
(Saving ££s is of course completely optional, I myself will have to get a smash moneybox to stop myself taking money out as fast as I put it in! Hopefully I will stick to it though- I aim to pay for our holiday to Italy once I complete the prompts.
Also, there are many variations of this book, including a larger version -do feel free to purchase whichever type suits you)
If you’d like to participate please do credit me in your endeavours- you can link back to this post, tag @AnAverageLife88 or use #642Writes but most importantly…
GET CREATIVE & HAVE FUN!