This year was a difficult one for reading motivation, my current average book rating is 3.9. Even so, of the 53 titles I finished over the past year I awarded five star ratings to 19 of them! I’ve painfully narrowed those down to my top 10 below;
10. Demon – Matt Wesolowski
The latest in Scott King’s Six Stories continues this series five star streak.
9. False Witness – Karin Slaughter
A fantastic standalone novel from the queen of crime fiction.
8. The Watchers – A M Shine
I adored this scary twist on traditional Irish folklore.
7. Dead Ground – M W Craven
After a late start to the Poe series I’m now a full fledged addict!
6. Near The Bone- Christina Henry
My ultimate fairytale reteller Christina makes it to the top 10 again!
5. The Once & Future Witches – Alix E Harrow
A truly epic tale with a magical, diverse heart.
4. Cunning Folk– Adam Nevill
Never found a Nevill novel I haven’t loved.
3. Mirrorland – Carole Johnstone
An intense, imaginative debut
2. The Night Will Find Us– Matthew Lyons
1. The Last House On Needless Street- Catriona Ward
OF COURSE this was my number one of 2021, no question about it.
Did you pick up any of my top ten last year? Do you plan to?
Let me know your thoughts or drop the links to your own reviews in the comments so I can take a look!