Two awards in a month! Thank you so much to Hannah at Hannah’s Bookshelf for my nomination. To be recognised by a fellow blogger is a great feeling and I’m excited to nominate the next 11 people to receive the same appreciation.
Rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions I was asked:
Are you a pen and paper fan or do you prefer to type?
I have an even split between hand writing and typing. I keep a lot of notes in Google Keep so that I can edit wherever I am, on my phone, my tablet or my desktop. Sometimes I’ll write an entire review on my phone in bed before editing on my chromebook at a later date.
Are you an avid traveller or do you prefer to stay near home?
I try to go abroad somewhere new each year, we are big Wowcher fans for this. You can often get a mini break with flights and a 4/5* hotel for £100 each. We’ve been to Amsterdam, Prague and Romania on these deals. We go to a different cabin in the countryside on Air BnB each year too.
What’s the first thing you do when you get home from a busy day?
I have to fuss Watson the cocker spaniel as soon as I get in the door, he’s always super excited to see me.
What’s your favourite comfort food and why?
Dominos Pizza. Its our go-to for a lazy evening in with a movie. No cooking, no dishes, no effort.
What is your favourite genre to read and what would you like to read more of?
It used to be horror mostly, but I really enjoy the world building and (sometimes) feasibility of a cleverly written dystopian.
If you could spend 24 hours anywhere and with anyone, where and who would it be and why?
Every year I plan and fail to save enough for my partner and I to stay in the glass igloos in Finland. Spending a night in a warm cosy bed under the Northern Lights surrounded by snow is top of my bucket list.
How do you mark a page in your book? (Bookmark, random paper, folding pages, etc.)
I usually read eBooks for convenience these days but when I do read paper I fold the teeny tiniest corner to save my page. I don’t want to say I dog ear but..
Who is your favourite Disney sidekick and why?
I’m torn here, choosing from my favourite movie it’d have to be Timon and Pumbaa but there’s something endearing about Grumpy the Dwarf.. mostly because he reminds me of a certain someone!
What is your favourite recipe to make on a cold day?
Beef Stew and dumplings.
What movie could you watch over and over again?
Aside from my annual Harry Potter marathon? Les Miserables, E.T, Jurassic Park, or most of the 90’s Disney classics.
Who was your first celebrity crush?
I’ve never been one to crush on anyone I haven’t met. Though I probably fan girled over some boy bands in the early 90s.
Questions I ask of you:
1. What would your pen name be?
2. What song/track gets you motivated?
3. Which chore do you hate most?
4. What’s the silliest thing you’ve done?
5. What’s your favourite smell?
6. If you could support only one charity, which would you choose?
7. Name yer poison..
8. Tell us something surprising about you..
9. Which Harry Potter book/film was best?
10. Name something you like that nobody else seems to..
11. What are you most looking forward to?
Why are you still here? GO CHECK THESE GUYS OUT!